More ideas for you
Traunstein and its surroundings offer a variety of leisure activities for visitors of all ages. Here are some recommendations for activities in Traunstein and the region:
1. Visiting Lake Chiemsee: Lake Chiemsee is the largest lake in Bavaria and offers picturesque scenery as well as opportunities for swimming, boating and fishing. You can also visit Herreninsel and Fraueninsel, both accessible by boat.
2. Hiking in the Chiemgau Alps: Traunstein is surrounded by the impressive Chiemgau Alps and offers numerous hiking trails for all levels of difficulty. Popular hiking destinations include the Hochgern, the Hochfelln and the Winklmoosalm.
3. Visiting the old town of Traunstein: The old town of Traunstein is charming and invites you to stroll around. You can visit historic buildings such as the Traunstein town hall and the parish church of St. Oswald or take a break in the many cafes and restaurants.
4. Visit to the Stein Castle Ruins: The Stein Castle Ruins are located near Traunstein and offer an impressive view of the city and the surrounding countryside. It is a popular destination for hikers and history buffs.
5. Cycling: The region around Traunstein is ideal for cycling. There are well-developed cycle paths that run along the Alz and Traun rivers, as well as many mountain bike trails in the surrounding mountains.
6. Visit to the Wildpark Oberreith: The Wildpark Oberreith is an animal park near Traunstein, which is home to a large number of native animal species. Here you can see wild boar, deer, foxes and many other animals.
7. Golfing: If you enjoy playing golf, there are several golf courses in the Traunstein area where you can put your skills to the test.
8. Visiting the city of Salzburg: The Austrian city of Salzburg is only about an hour’s drive from Traunstein and is definitely worth a visit. There you can explore the famous old town, visit the birthplace of Mozart or visit the Hohensalzburg Fortress.
These are just a few examples of leisure activities in Traunstein and the region. Depending on your personal interests and preferences, there are many more ways to explore and enjoy the area.